Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Week Two Day One

I came home for the weekend to see some friends and the family and just to hang out but today was also Monday so that ment running day. I brought my running gear with me because I knew that I would be running today so out I went for week two. I was anxious to see how hard 30 more seconds would be for the intervals but it turned out not to bad.

I was thinking of where I would go running at but I knew that concrete would not be planned because of so many dirt paths that are really close around here. I headed down to the park right behind our house and ran back and forth along the dirt nature path that they have. Each run and walk interval was about the whole path so it worked out pretty well. I realized how much better on your body running on dirt is. I have no soreness and it just felt alot softer then the concrete that I run on back down in San Diego. The first interval felt pretty good and I was suprised that I wasnt begging for Roberts voice to come on the podcast and say it was time for the walk. I actually ran it and was like "Wow I ran a minute and a half and it didnt really feel that long." About half way through I was starting to feel it and was getting pretty tired but I pushed through it and finished all of the intervals.

Im heading back down to San Diego tomorrow so it is back to concrete on Wednesday but it shouldnt be to bad. Being home was nice cause my parents stocked me up on food for the next few weeks and it was also nice just to see some of my friends that I miss while Im down for school. I have a paper to write for my Ethics class now so... See ya Wednesday.

Miles to date: 8.5

Tyler

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job and dirt trails spares the knees

Backofpack said...

Tyler, Your Dad sent me over to say Hi. Good deal on the running! It sounds as though you've got the right attitude to make it last. And congrats on making the honor roll.

Darrell said...

Nice job, bud, in finding a place to go when you were out of your normal routine.

Enjoy the soup! LOL!