Monday, January 22, 2007

Week One Day One

And it has begun.

Day One finally came around and it was pretty much gonna go down just as I had imagined it to. I left my apartment around 3:10 and headed for the trolley walkway. The trolley walk way goes follows the trolley along all its stations and then turns into more of a nature walk way going along the river. For each running interval I slowly moved along and pushed to get it done. By the last interval of running, O, let me tell you. There are people out there that would have paid millions to just video tape it and throw it up all over YouTube and Google Video. It would have been ever where. I must have looked so hideous, but I got through it and then proceeded to my 5 minute cool down. The cool down ended up being about 10 minutes as I had gone to far along the walk way before turning around, but it was alright.

While running I passed a gentle man and just smiled at him and then my running interval came in so I just passed him and knew that I would see him again on my way back cause I was due to turn around soon. After I turned around and was going back past him I saw him say something to me so I pulled my ear buds out and said what was that? He told me I should be running on grass, and not on the concrete. Now, I know that I should be running on asphalt if any thing hard but I have to weigh my options here. I don't know everything around here as I just am living in a dorm for school and all the roads that I walked along before starting this running thing are heavily trafficked. I can either run on this concrete walk way off of the main streets, run in the streets with cars everywhere, or run on the sidewalk of the crowded streets. I also know that there is no park in any sort of close distance, so driving to run everyday is something I would like to do.

Overall, day one went very well and I finished it and I am ready for day two on Wednesday.

Miles to Date: 2.2

Tyler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting out there and doing it... Dont get caught up on how you look to other people! The goal is for you to be out moving period. Yes running on grass is better than on concrete but you do what you have to do. I have to run on concrete sidewalks which suck but it is my only option that I feel safe on. Keep moving!