Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Start of Something New

My First Post, Awesome!
Well, as of January 7th 2007, I have changed my diet and have started walking ( Soon to be Running ). I am using the Weight Watcher's program. I started off not being to strict but my mom recently gave me her old points counter and booklet so I can count a bit more accurately. I have been eating around 18 to 24 points a day which is a few less then what WW recommends, but I don't feel hungry most of the time so I feel like I can do with out the extra points. I just today received my running shoes, Brooks Beast's. Hello comfortable running / walking shoes, Goodbye skater shoes that give me shin splints. I took my new Beast's for a spin around my complex and they feel great.

Monday I am going to start the C25K training program from CoolRunning.com

I will try to post everyday that I run, hopefully Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'll talk about how the run went, how I am feeling, other experience's and maybe some on my schooling ( Art Institute of California, Bachelor's of Science, Culinary Arts + Business Management ). Looking forward to Monday. Wish me luck!

Tyler

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your new journey and as with me I am a newbie following the C25k with some mods to it. Remember to take your time and if you have to repeat a week then do it. Do not rush the program, it will work, and try if you can to update your blog so that your CR buddies like me can give you encouragement.

Daniel Terner said...

Great job on your start! Don't worry about how you think you may look to other people, how fast or slow you go, or anything else - the important thing is that you are doing it! Also, check with your mom or with another WW person, but my understanding is that you should not skimp on your points: eat too little, and your body will actually slow down its metabolism because it thinks you are starving and it has to conserve its resources. Plus, now that you are working out you need to make sure that your body is properly fueled so that you can burn off fat and build muscle. For me, that means making sure that what I eat is healthy, but that I make sure that I never leave too many points in reserve. (Like you, I'm not actually on WW, but my wife is and I'm kind of following along).

ShoreTurtle said...

I know several people that have used that plan with success. I'm always excited for runners starting out. You can do it--and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Best of luck with your training.