Friday, February 23, 2007

Week Five Day Two and Three

Alright, haven't posted after a run in a while but I will get back into it. I didn't have time Wednesday night to type it up for my run that day so I'll do that one first and then the one for today.

Wednesday was 2 intervals of eight minute runs with a five minute break in between them. I went to grab my Ipod so I could listen to the Robert Ullrey Podcast for the run to find that my ear buds had been accidentally taken by a friend back home when she was taking her Ipod out of my truck... So I did it with out listening to anything and just running with my Ipod so I could keep track of time. The first eight minutes went by quick and I wasn't to burnt out. The five minute walk was needed to get back into another eight minute run which went by just a bit harder then the first one. It felt like a pretty short running time today but eight minutes is the longest that I have run for so far, until today.

Today was a big twenty minute run. I was kinda worried about it because, twenty minutes?! You gotta be kidding me! I started out running a minute and felt like I was going to die, no way was I doing twenty minutes. Either way, I got out there and borrowed my friends ear buds so that I could listen to music for this long run. I paced my self and went pretty slow and I felt really good for the entire run. I hit the ten minute mark and I was still feeling pretty good and just kept on running. Finally I hit Mission Center Dr. where I had always wanted to make it to and turned around there. I walked for 5 seconds while I turned around and then just kept on chugging. About 16 minutes in I had to stop and walk to get my side cramp to go away and get my breathing under control. That took about 30 seconds and then I took off running again. I RAN TWENTY MINUTES! I pretty much didn't stop at all except for one little bit. I even ran a extra minute cause the podcast for day one and two ended up being one minute longer so I figured why not, and just kept going. I'm pretty stoked that I am up to twenty minutes now. I'm excited that I have made it this far and I never thought I would be able to do it. Pacing yourself and running slower then you think you should really does work for going the distance.

Miles to date: 28.6

Tyler

7 comments:

Darrell said...

Good job, Tyler. Concentrate on the distance now, getting faster will come later. You are doing great.

Unknown said...

keep building your base..speed will come later

Krissie said...

I am almost stalking you...I started the C25K almost exactly when you did and followed up on you with your blog. Due to health issues and bad weather, I have started and stopped 3 times since then. I am so glad you have stuck with it.
About the stalker thing, I had to search coolrunning for a while to find one of your posts with your blog in it. It took me a while, but I found you! I have favoritized you and will keep an eye on you!
It's been a while again since you posted. How are you doing?
Keep it up!

Krissie said...

I was pretty much not moving for a few weeks (especially in the evenings to make up for having to act normal at work), but I'm getting back into things. I'm getting ready to go for a walk in the fog and mist...At least it's over 40 today. I plan on getting back to the gym tomorrow after work to get the running started again!

Thanks for being the first person I don't know that's been to my blog!

Big congrats on the last week...you're almost a graduate!

Faithful Soles said...

Tyler, you are doing awesome. Your blog is very inspirational.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it (gripperm who posted a couple of comments above me is a member of the site). Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

Legs and Wings said...

Hey, I'm an old geezer like your father so you'll have to accept my commet for what it is...an old geezer's comment. I've followed your progress via your dad's blog and I want to quickly congratulate you for fine work.

Starting from "0" is tough and it truly takes time to build up your speed. You'll get there. Don't fret about it. Once you've got a solid base the speed will suddenly appear and surprise you. Just keep working at it and be patient.

Rock on...oh, and if you ever want an awesome choc chip cookie recipe let me know dude. Serious.

best pc games said...

Hi webmaster, commenters and also everybody else !!! The blog was absolutely fantastic! Many fantastic information and also inspiration, both of that we all need to have!b Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a awesome job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!